NOTE: For instructions on how to initiate the integration from within AppFolio, please click here for the self-service signup steps.
Overview: The AppFolio and Property Meld integration resolves the issue of double entry in both applications. This article will explain what information is moved between Property Meld and AppFolio and vice versa. Here is a video outlining some key points!
Property Meld to AppFolio
Below is the only information that will currently sync from Property Meld to AppFolio with an active integration.
Melds → Work Orders
Approved Invoices → Bills or Billable Line Items (Settings available here)
Approved Invoice PDFs → Attached to Work Order
Approved Expenditures → Billable Line Items on Work Order
Approved Expenditure PDFs → Attached to Work Order
Meld Work Logs → Appear under "Labor" in the Work Order
Resident uploaded pictures, files and videos → Work Order Files
Meld Chats → AppFolio Notes
NOTE: The export of invoices as bills or billable line items will trigger when the invoice is marked Approved in Property Meld.
Managing your General Ledger Accounts and Markups:
- If you choose to export the Invoice to create bill in AppFolio the General Ledger Account you selected during set up may need to be adjusted.
- If you choose to export the Invoice as billable items in the work order the vendor assigned GL account and markups will auto apply when the bill is created
- If you choose to export the Invoice as a PDF that will be attached to the work order
Invoice export setting options below:
AppFolio to Property Meld Sync
Below is the information that will sync from AppFolio to Property Meld. The sync schedule is approximately every 2 hours after the information has been entered into AppFolio.
Additional Items that Sync from AppFolio to Property Meld
Maintenance Notes → Property Maintenance Notes
Maintenance Limit → Maintenance Limit
Inviting Vendors to Meld: Vendors will need to be manually selected and synced. See steps below:
AppFolio contains many Vendors (e.g. maintenance-related and not maintenance-related), you will need to manually select specific Vendors to import (add and invite new Vendor) or link (associated with existing Vendor) in Property Meld. Newly added Vendors will automatically receive an email invitation to register as a Vendor from Property Meld.
To access Integration Settings, click and click Integrations.
Click appfolio card.
Click SELECT VENDORS.
Search for vendors to sync under Vendor Search
Select vendor and click Invite and Link Vendors
NOTE: Only Vendors that have not been Imported or Linked are searchable and/or displayed on the above screen.
- *If a unit is deactivated or hidden in AppFolio, you'll need to deactivate in Property Meld. This is not done automatically to prevent any open work orders from being closed out prematurely on deactivated units.*
- For any units listed as 'non-revenue' or another status in AppFolio that you do not need to be active in Property Meld, you can either (a) create a property group for these and exclude that property group in your Stack, OR (b) you can deactivate them in Meld post-import.
- The following resident types can export over from AppFolio: Co-signer, Financially Responsible, and Other Occupant. These can be chosen in your AppFolio Integration Settings in Meld.
Meld Status and Corresponding Status in AppFolio