Project Templates help define default Melds when creating a new project for a property turn or renovation. Using Project Templates provides quicker project starts as well as consistency in executing a project. This article is intended to provide you with the basics of understanding and using Project Templates.
NOTE: Refer to Creating Custom Roles and Setting Permissions for updated permissions related to Meld Projects.
Add or Edit Project Template
There is a system-generated Project Template that is provided which can be used as a guide. This initial Template can be edited or deleted. This section will provide the basic steps in navigating the Template and editing the details.
Click Projects, click Templates, and click the Standard Move Out template to display the Template details.
Additionally, click Add Template to add a new Template that will require the adding of Meld Templates.
The Project Template details and corresponding Meld Templates are displayed included in this example (5) Meld Templates (i.e. Cleaning, Final Inspection, Rekey locks, etc.). Take note of the information panel on the left which provides the details of the Project Template including default Duration, Template Type, and Template Description to make it easy to organize Project Templates.
Click and Edit Project Template.
The fields are described below.
- Type - Identify and organize Templates using the following values.
- Turn (Default)
- Name - Identify and organize Templates to make it easy to choose when creating a new Project.
- Target Duration - Set the targetted number of days to complete a project. This value is used to default the Project Due Date on a new Project.
- Description - Use to further describe the use and purpose of the Template.
Review the Project Template and click Save Template.
Edit Meld Template
The Project Template contains Meld Template(s) which are used to generate the Melds associated with a new Project. Refer to the Create Project using the Template section below for more detail.
Click Rekey locks Meld Template to display the Meld Template details.
Additionally, click Add Meld Template to add a new Meld Template to the shown Project Template.
The Meld Template provides similar fields that are directly associated with Meld (refer to How to Create Meld Request for field descriptions).
Target Duration is used similarly to the Template Target Duration field because it will default the Meld Due Date on the Melds generated from a new Project. Refer to the Create Project using the Template section below for more detail.
Click Save Meld Template.
Add Meld Template
Adding a Meld Template to a Project Template provides the ability to generate a Meld to be worked on the next new Project created from the Project Template.
From an existing Project Template, click Add Meld Template to display the new Meld Template details.
Although similar to the Edit Meld Template section above, adding a new Meld Template is built with the Create Meld Template and Create and Add Another action buttons to allow for quickly adding Meld Templates to a Project Template.
Complete the Add Meld Template entry and click one of the following.
- Create Meld Template to save the Meld Template and navigate back to the Project Template details.
- Create and Add Another to save the existing Meld Template and clear the Add Meld Template form to allow the entry of subsequent Meld Templates.
Create Project using the Template
Building a Project Template provides the ability to quickly create a Project and associated Melds specific to a Unit. This will initiate the execution of a turnover.
From Templates, find the specific Project Template to be used to generate a Project and click Create Project.
In addition to the fields discussed in the Add or Edit Project Template section above, the following fields are required to create a Project.
- Unit - Select the Unit to associate with the collection of Melds to be generated.
- Name - Defaults using the Type and Unit selected, but it can be changed at any time if needed.
- Coordinators - Select one or many Project Coordinators to identify responsibility for the project.
- Start Date - Defaults the Project Start Date to today, but it can be changed.
- Due Date - Defaults using Start Date plus the number of days from the Template Target Durations (days) field.
IMPORTANT: Click Create Project which saves the new Project and creates all of the Melds associated with the Project Template (in this example, Standard Move Out) on the Unit selected. The Project details will be displayed.
This is an example of the Project details that would have been generated from creating a Project using a Template and represents a Project in progress.