Tracking Expenditures is a tool Internal Technicians and Property Managers can use to attach associated costs to a Meld. This article applies to all Customers except for those with Rent Manager or Propertyware integrations.
Vendors have similar capabilities in creating an invoice which is described in this article.
Submitting Expenditures | Internal Technician or Property Manager
From a Meld, click and click Track Expenditures:
Enter line item(s) that are specific to the Expenditures. The following describes the individual fields for each line item and Expenditure.
- Description: Enter description of line item.
- Quantity: Enter quantity (default: 1.00).
- Cost: If you want to track the cost, enter the amount spent on the item.
- Price: What will be charged to the owner or other parties (Cost and price may often be the same).
- Total: Price x Quantity per line item.
- TOTAL: Grand total of all line item totals.
- Notes: Any additional information that you need to add.
Manage Expenditures | Internal Technician or Property Manager
To view all Expenditures, click Expenditures from the Melds page.
Remember to use Filters to find applicable Expenditures.
From the Expenditures view, click the dropdown menu on any Expenditure Card to change its status:
Click on the Expenditure Card near the dollar amount to see a more detailed view:
Click , then:
- Click Edit to edit the line items or Expenditures associated with the Meld.
- Click View to see a .pdf of the Expenditure.
- Click Download to download a .pdf of the Expenditure to your device.
- Click Delete and you will be prompted with a confirmation dialog to confirm the deletion of the entire Expenditure (which includes all line items).
You can also change the status of the Expenditure from this view:
Q: Can I disable the Expenditures feature?
A: This feature cannot be disabled. We recommend establishing how (and if) to use Expenditures and communicating that to your team.
Q: Where can I download a report with all Expenditures?
A: Please refer to How to Export Data from Property Meld.