Chat Templates can be an extremely effective and efficient way to use in messaging with various parties in Meld Chat. Chat Templates also build consistency in messaging with all of your Tenants, Owner, and Vendors. This article will provide steps in configuring and organizing Chat Templates as well as how to use the templates including a few valuable suggestions.
This article will provide steps in these sections.
- Configure Chat Template
- Use a Chat Template
Configure Chat Template
Click , click Account Settings, click Templates. Chat Templates will be listed by Name including Comment which is considered the body of the Chat Message.
Standard actions exist including NEW TEMPLATE and Edit template or Delete template available on existing templates.
For purposes of this article, click Edit template.
Complete or edit the following fields and options.
- Name - The Name will be displayed in the Meld Chat in the USE TEMPLATE selection at the bottom of the Meld Chat tab.
- It is recommended to keep in mind how users will want to find the Template from the Meld Chat. Using a prefix identifying the audience (e.g. Owner) to who the message is intended is a good practice.
- Comment - The Comment is the body of the message.
- If you intend the user to "replace" text (e.g. insert_owner_name) in the Comment body, it is recommended that a placeholder (e.g. __insert_owner_name__) is used where the user can simply double-click on the placeholder and enter text. Using the prefix of multiple underscores before and after the placeholder does make this action easier.
- Change visibility - By default, Change visibility is not enabled. If clicked, select the value that will be pre-selected from the SEND MESSAGE TO list after selecting this Chat Template from the Meld Chat.
Use Chat Template
From a specific Meld, click Chat.
To use a Chat Template, click USE TEMPLATE.
After clicking USE TEMPLATE, a list of the available Chat Templates will be displayed.
Refer to the naming convention discussed above demonstrated in the screenshot below.
Click Owner - Request $ Approval.
After selecting a Chat Template, the Comment from the Template will have defaulted to the Message.
Additionally, notice that the SEND MESSAGE TO option selected is also defaulted by the Template configuration (see above).
To make it efficient for the user using a Chat Template, using a placeholder with underscores before and after the text placeholder allows for a simple double-click selection.
Double-click on __insert_owner_name__ then enter a value. Notice there are other placeholders in the body of the message including __insert_summary__ and __insert_dollar_amount__.
In the screenshot, refer to the editing of the message by replacing the placeholders in the text.
Click SEND MESSAGE TO.