The purpose of this tutorial is to briefly demonstrate the Property Meld experience from an Internal Maintenance Technician's point of view. All slides from the tutorial are also included for reference.
Check out this interactive tutorial!
1. Once logged into Property Meld, Internal Maintenance Users will have the ability to navigate between their Calendar, Melds, and Expenditures. They will also be able to create Melds.
2. Under Calendar, a Maintenance user can see their schedule. The "Melds" tab shows filtered lists of assigned Melds by using the dropdown menu. The "Maintenance" tab allows for other maintenance user and Vendor schedules to be viewed.
3. Under Melds, the Assigned to Me Filter will be set by default to show all newly assigned Melds ready to be scheduled.
4. Click Schedule to open the Meld scheduling page.
5. Click the Melds tab to view if Resident presence is required. If required, the Resident will have selected at least 5 appointment windows to choose from.
6. Click the Maintenance tab to view the availability of other internal Maintenance or outside Vendors if necessary.
7. When ready to schedule, click the Melds tab and then click Book next to a Resident-requested appointment time.
8. If none of the Resident's requested appointment times work, click + Add Availability.
9. Click the Appointment window dropdown to select the appointment length.
10. Click within the scheduling table to select the desired Appointment window. Please note, multiple appointment windows may be provided to the Resident to aid in scheduling.
11. Click Save to submit availability to the Resident to select from.
12. Once submitted, the status of the Meld will change to "Pending Tenant Availability".
13. To filter Melds by status, click the Filter name dropdown and select the desired Filter name. Please note, any Shared or Private Filters may be set to default by clicking Edit. Only Private Filters may be deleted.
14. Click the FILTER options dropdown to select from a variety of filtering criteria.
15. Once the desired Filter criteria is selected, click Apply Filters.
16. This will create a New Filter. To save the filter criteria for easy access to similar Melds in the future, click SAVE.
17. A prompt will appear to create a brand new Filter or overwrite an existing one, type a Filter name, and select to make default. All newly saved Filters will be private. When finished, click SAVE FILTER.
18. The new Filter will now be selectable from the Filter name dropdown.
19. Select the Scheduled Filter to access a list of all scheduled Melds.
20. At times it may be necessary to communicate directly with the Resident or Property Manager regarding a Meld. To do this, first click the Meld.
21. Click the Chat tab.
22. Click Use Template to select from a list of template messages created by the Property Manager.
23. Or, click the message field to type a custom message.
24. It is very important to select the recipients of the message prior to sending to ensure the notification only goes to the intended users.
25. Click SEND MESSAGE TO.
26. A notification is sent directly to the recipients. The message will also appear under the Chat tab only to the selected recipients.
27. If selected as a recipient, chat messages sent from other users will also be visible under the Chat tab.
28. Click the Info tab.
29. Scroll down to view any Resident or Vendor Files that have been uploaded to the Meld.
30. Click or drag and drop to upload Files here.
31. When work has been completed, navigate to the Meld and click Finish Meld.
32. Click the clock and calendar icons to select when the work was completed.
33. Click SAVE.
Please note the additional options available if work was not completed.
34. When ready to log work hours and submit Expenditures, use the Filter feature to bring up a list of completed Melds.
35. To log work hours, click the Work Log tab on the Meld card and click ADD ENTRY.
36. Check in and Check out dates and Title are required, and Hours will populate based on the "Check in" and "Check out" dates entered. A description is optional. Once finished, click Save.
37. To track costs associated with a Meld, click the Track Expenditures button on the desired Meld.
38. Enter all line item information. Additional lines may be added if needed. Notes are optional.
39. Click Save to submit the Expenditure to the manager for approval.
40. Click Expenditures to view and manage all of your submitted expenditures.
41. For more helpful information, check out our Help Center by clicking the gear icon and selecting Help Center.