The purpose of this tutorial is to demonstrate the maintenance requesting experience in Property Meld from a Resident's point of view. All slides from the tutorial are also included for reference.
Check out this interactive tutorial!
1. Once logged into Property Meld, a Resident will only be able to view Melds associated with their Unit.
2. Click the + New Meld button to create a Meld.
3. If the Property Manager elected to share an Emergency Contact link with Residents, this banner will appear. If the new Meld is an emergency, click the link to be directed to instructions for submitting an emergency Meld.
4. To proceed with creating a non-emergent Meld, the Resident will be prompted to enter the following information. The Unit address will auto-fill. Please note "Detailed Description" is optional.
5. Click Next.
6. The Resident will have the option to choose to be present when the Vendor or Maintenance Tech arrives. If "Yes" is selected, the Resident will be prompted to choose 5 or more appointment windows.
7. Select 5 or more available appointment windows. Click the forward arrow to view more available times.
NOTE: If the Resident chooses not to be present, they will not be prompted to select appointment windows and will proceed to the next step.
8. Click Create.
9. A success message will appear confirming the Meld has been submitted to the Property Manager for approval and assignment. Links to take various actions on the Meld and a list of the selected appointment times are included.
10. If selected appointment windows don't work with a Vendor's schedule, the Resident receives a notification to select from availability added by the Vendor. The Resident can schedule directly from the notification, or by clicking Schedule on the Meld.
11. Click Request More Availability to notify the Vendor more options are needed if necessary.
12. Otherwise, select the desired appointment time from those provided.
13. Click Save. This will trigger a confirmation email to be sent to the Resident and Vendor.
14. The Meld will now show as In Progress and the Resident will be notified with a reminder 24 hours and 1 hour before the schedule appointment occurs.
15. The Scheduled Date may be referenced on the Meld card.
16. To share photos or documents to the Meld, click or touch the Files field to select the file from your device, or drag and drop the files from your device to the box.
17. Chat messages may be sent between users at any time once a Meld is created. The Resident will be notified directly when a new Chat is received and can reply directly from the notification or by clicking the Chat tab on the Meld card.
18. Click the message field and type the desired message.
19. Click the recipient dropdown menu and select the desired recipients.
20. Click SEND MESSAGE TO.
21. The message details will now be visible under the Chat tab.
22. To cancel a Meld, click the ellipsis on the Meld card and select Request Meld Cancellation.
23. The Resident will be prompted to provide a reason for cancelation to the Property Manager.
24. Click Request Cancelation to submit the cancelation request before a Meld is completed. The Resident will be notified when their request is approved or if it is denied.
25. When a Meld is completed, the Resident will be notified by text or email, and will be asked to submit feedback. This can be done by clicking the link in their email or text notification, or by clicking the REVIEW button on the completed Meld.
26. The Resident will be prompted to select a rating score and leave additional comments, and then click SAVE to submit the review.
27. If needed, the Resident can edit their review by clicking the ellipsis on the Meld card.
28. For more helpful information, check out our Resident Help Center by clicking the gear icon and selecting Help Center.