About Communication in Property Meld
Communication capabilities are one of the most valued features of Property Meld. This article will provide an overview of how to communicate via email and text messaging for each of the primary user roles.
- Property Managers or Maintenance Coordinators - Admin or Agent User Role
- Internal Maintenance - Maintenance User Role
When working with a Meld, there are numerous email and text notifications being sent to many of the user roles listed above. These various notifications can be managed in Account Settings. However, there are only specific scenarios where the user can reply directly to an email or text message allowing reply messages to be included in the Chat feature discussed in this article.
Generally, the user can only "reply directly" to an email or text message if that message notification requires an action (ex. responded to picking a time) or is the result of a comment left on the Meld. The following screenshots demonstrate the content of a message that makes it clear when "replying directly" is allowed.
Email Message - Direct Reply NOT Allowed
Email Message - Direct Reply Allowed
Text Message - Direct Reply NOT Allowed
Text Message - Direct Reply Allowed
Communicating as a Property Management Agent
Here's an interactive tutorial
1. The first step is to open Property Meld and select the desired Meld.
2. Click the Chat tab on the Meld card.
3. It is highly recommended to select the recipient of the message before entering the new message.
4. Select the desired recipients from the recipient dropdown menu.
5. Click the Enter a new message field and type your message or click USE TEMPLATE below it to select a predefined message configured using Chat Templates.
6. Click Send Message to.
7. Your message will now appear under the Chat tab of the Meld.
8. There are three different types of delivery status indicators: Unread, Delivery Failed, and Read.
9. Clicking the first envelope icon will reveal if the message has not been read by the recipient.
10. Clicking the delivery failure envelope will reveal any delivery failure messages.
11. Clicking the open envelope icon will reveal who the message has been read by.
Note: Although the Chat email was sent via Property Meld successfully, it still depends on the user. For more on notification settings view: Manage Profile and Notification Settings.
a) The email message has been delivered but not opened.
b) The text message has not been delivered.
Note: The email or text message could not be successfully delivered to the mobile phone number and/or email address configured on the user account at the time the message was created in Meld Chat.
Note: The message has been viewed by the user in one or more of the following formats.
a) The user has signed into Property Meld via a web browser and accessed that Meld Chat.
b) The user has been delivered the text message (there is no way to determine whether the text message was read on the device).
c) The user has received and opened an email via their inbox.