Create a Recurring Meld
Recurring Melds automatically generate multiple occurrences of a Meld for a specified duration of time. Below are two scenarios when Recurring Melds may be used.
- Regularly scheduled maintenance (ex. change furnace filter, inspections, etc.) on a property every # of days, weeks, months, or years.
- Maintenance or project work on a property that is estimated to be completed over a period of time. The concept is to create a Meld for 3 days and delete Recurring Meld after work is complete.
- A Recurring Meld cannot be created from an existing Meld. A new Meld must be created and identified as Recurring to select the recurrence start date and frequency.
- When a Property or Unit is deleted, Recurring Melds on that Property or Unit are also deleted.
- A Meld generated from a Recurring Meld is identified with
- If a designated vendor/maintenance technician was assigned at creation, the Recurring Meld will assign to them at each occurrence as a new Meld with a new Meld ID. The vendor can be changed from the edit option on the Recurring Meld card.
Here's an interactive tutorial** Best experienced in Full Screen (click the icon in the top right corner before you begin) **
1. The first step is to log into Property Meld and click Melds.
2. Click New Meld.
3. Enter the desired details for the Meld.
Note: The option to notify tenants will disappear after selecting "Yes" to create a recurring Meld in the next step. Although this option disappears, the tenant notification selection you made will still apply.
4. Select Yes to create a recurring Meld from this Meld and populate frequency options.
5. A recurring Meld can be set to repeat by number of days, weeks, months, or years.
Note: A set End Date is optional. If the End Date is not entered, the recurring Meld can be deleted when it is no longer needed.
6. Click the Search maintenance field to automatically assign one Vendor or Maintenance Technician to every recurrence of the Meld.
7. Note: Vendors and Maintenance Technicians are filtered by the assigned Property Group. Property Group assignment for Maintenance Technicians can be viewed and edited from User Management if applicable.
8. Click Search tags to add any optional Tags to the Meld.
9. Click the Detailed Description field to enter an optional description for the Meld.
10. Click Save Recurring Meld.
11. All Recurring Melds will show under the Recurring section of the Melds tab.
Delete/Cancel a Recurring Meld
1. To cancel a recurring Meld, select the desired Meld.
2. Click the ellipsis in the upper right of the Meld card.
3. Select Delete from the menu.
4. Click Delete on the confirmation prompt.